As the person who said "Let us form a committee" I have been a little
absent and I apologize. I am on my once a year vacation in an isolated
spot in Mexico without Internet or much else besides beauty and
relaxation. After travel of over 125 days for debate in the last year
I really need it.
I will return on about June 15 and be online.
In the meantime, my thoughts:
1. The tournament should not conflict with APDA nationals. I think
that is clear.
2. Thanks to Scott and Ithaca for stepping forward, but the dates are
wrong. Grove City is out.
3. There WILL be a tournament in the East. The question is where, and
I am convinced we will solve this problem. I have some ideas up my
sleeve that I will not reveal quite yet as they are last resort options.
4. I am a bit concerned at those who are all uptight but will not step
forward to host themselves. You know if this includes you. Concern is
fine, but where is the commitment to make stuff happen? Why doesn't an
APDA school step forward? At least consider it.
5. I wait to hear from Lisa Boragine about a Massachusetts hosting.
6. Other East schools might consider. Duke? David Register had a
candidate he was going to approach.
7. We will all need to work together on this. We have time, so an urge
to pull the trigger too soon is a bad idea. We can resolve this by the
Best wishes from the beach!