]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

USDEBATE Home

USDEBATE  May 2013

USDEBATE May 2013

2013 ULV Summer Training / Individuals Tournament

Josh Martin <[log in to unmask]>

USA Debating in the WUDC Format <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 May 2013 17:44:33 +0000

Dear All,

The University of La Verne would like to invite you all back to the site of this years National Championships for our annual Summer Debate Training Camp!  Each summer we host the largest BP training camp in the country, where we provide debaters around the country (and the world!) an opportunity to come together, share ideas and hone skills as they prepare for the upcoming debate “season.”  Three days of intensive debate training culminates in a uniquely formatted “Individuals Tournament” where speakers will compete in a BP style tournament, but switch partners every round based on speaker points.  You will learn from some of the most experienced coaches and judges in the world as you are trained by them, adjudicated by them, and even partner with them in the tournament!

After a successful pilot program last year we will again be running our adjudicators / coaches track.  This will be run by the Co-CA’s for La Verne Nationals, who combine to have broken at the World Championships over a dozen times.  We hope to ensure a higher quality and more consistent judging pool across the country by striving to bring judges, who may not have had the opportunity to attend Worlds before, in line with Worlds standards of adjudication.

Each year our training camp proves to be an intense, but fun way for speakers, judges, and coaches alike to come together and expand their understanding of our activity through intimate interaction with fellow debate lovers from around the world.  We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Josh Martin

Please See Attached For More Information!