]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

USDEBATE Home

USDEBATE  June 2013

USDEBATE June 2013

Call for DCAs – 2013 North American British Parliamentary Championship (October 18-20, 2013)

Alfred Charles Snider <[log in to unmask]>

USA Debating in the WUDC Format <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:01:46 -0400

Call for DCAs – 2013 North American British Parliamentary Championship
(October 18-20, 2013)

Good afternoon,

The Hart House Debate Club is seeking two deputy chief adjudicators to
serve alongside our experienced co-CAs, Louis Tsilivis and Veenu
Goswami, at the adjudication core of the inaugural North American
British Parliamentary Championship. Interested applicants should be
strong adjudicators with demonstrated organizational abilities and
ample experience in the British Parliamentary debating circuit. We are
looking for DCAs who have exhibited an ability to set interesting
motions and work within the adjudication core of a large national or
international tournament.

Our decision-making will be guided by our intention to appoint at
least one DCA with experience in the APDA circuit and one DCA with
experience in the US BP circuit. We will also give heavy consideration
to appointing a team that is regionally and nationally diverse, though
our priority is selecting the best candidates available.

Your application should consist of your name, university, a brief
statement of interest indicating why you want to serve on our A-team
and a comprehensive debating CV highlighting your notable debate and
adjudication accomplishments. Applications can be e-mailed to
ashvin.singh [at] utoronto.ca by midnight EST on July 8, 2013. Veenu
and Louis will be reviewing the applications and posting the results
publicly shortly thereafter.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Ashvin Singh and Thomas Slabon

Co-Tournament Directors, 2013 North American British Parliamentary
Championship