SCHOOL-IT September 2013

Re: Governance Committee Update

"Townsend, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:25:09 +0000

Good morning, all.

While we aim to be as transparent as possible throughout this project, state procurement rules dictate certain things about what information is public and what information is not public during this procurement process. We have invited the VADR governance committee membership to attend these finalist demonstrations to represent the needs and concerns of those of you in the field. The only reason that this is allowed as part of this sealed bid evaluation process is that the governance committee is a stakeholder group that is closely involved with the evaluation of these solutions. Governance Committee members will be briefed on what can and cannot be shared with their peers upon arrival at the demonstrations and will be asked to honor the confidential nature of state procurement processes. Procurement rules prohibit opening up these demonstrations and sharing certain information to the public at large until the selection is made and contracts are in place.

Please note that these demonstrations will not be directly related to the actual, final solutions that will be developed and implemented in Vermont... but rather are a demonstration of the capability of the vendors' base product offerings and how they might be configured and/or augmented to meet the functional requirements of the VADR project. Once the vendors have been selected through this procurement process and contracts are in place, there will be ample opportunity for everyone in the field to be briefed and involved in the products delivered as part of this project. We will be reaching out to some of you seeking your involvement as part of various working groups during system design and implementation.

In the meantime, we are working to send updates to all stakeholder groups but are attempting to cater each message to each stakeholder group (to include an appropriate level of information). The message Deputy Commissioner Fischer sent to the Governance Committee was the first such message. Additional messages to Superintendents, Principals, Curriculum Coordinators, Business Managers, and Technical stakeholders are being finalized now and will be sent to those groups in the very near future. We are trying to communicate these current updates in the order most respectful of local organizational structures while balancing the need for all stakeholders to be informed.

Thank you for your interest and for your understanding. We will provide communications and updates (as allowable under procurement rules) and will increase these updates once the procurement process runs its course.

Best,
Brian

Brian Townsend | IT Director | Vermont Agency of Education
120 State St | Montpelier,VT 05620-2501 | P:802.828.6575| F: 802.828-1444 | [log in to unmask]
-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Melissa Hayden-Raley
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fwd: Governance Committee Update

"The RFP evaluation teams will be wrapping up their work to compare proposals and confirm functional requirements of the software solutions this week. The result of this work will be the identification of finalists that we will invite to demonstrate the capabilities of their solutions. These demonstrations will take place the week of October 7th at the Pavilion building in Montpelier. We would like to extend an invitation to any of you that might like to see these demonstrations to join us there. Additional information about these demonstrations will be sent out in a separate email."

Will these demonstrations be just for the VADR committee, or can school data teams attend as well?