]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BLOGGING Home

BLOGGING  October 2013

BLOGGING October 2013

Adding users to Wordpress blog generates errors?

Andrew Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:19:41 -0400

Hi-

I am in the process of setting up a new blog and want to allow multiple people to be editors.

When you create a new user in Wordpress a confirmation message is sent out.  If you click on the link in the email you get the following error:

An error occurred adding you to this site. Back to the homepage.

It doesn't seem to matter, though, if the new user is confirmed or not as I can still edit the site in question despite the error.

So, is there something wrong with the user confirmation?  Or is this just "the way things work" given that we're using webauth?

If this is "just the way things work" is there any way to suppress the confirmation message?  Otherwise I'm going to get a dozen complaints that confirmation doesn't work.

Thanks.

Andrew Hendrickson
CAS IT Administrator
UVM, College of Arts & Sciences