MENCUVM Archives

October 2013

MENCUVM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Kyle R Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 23:13:31 -0400
Hello friends,

I forgot to mention these at the meeting, but there are two great
workshop opportunities coming up on Saturday, October 26th. I will
certainly remind you all at the next meeting, but I wanted to give you
all a bit more heads up and try to gauge some interest!

First of all, from 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM in the Southwick Ballroom is the
second of this semester's Northern Lights Orff-Schulwerk workshop!
Melissa Greenwood, chapter president, will present "Technology and
Process", a workshop aimed at incorporating technology into the Orff
music classroom. You are encouraged to bring your own technology;
iPads, iPods, cell phones, fax machines, typewriters, whatever you can
muster! This workshop is free, useful, and right on our home turf, so
I expect to see everybody there! That is, everybody that isn't
planning on going to the other event...

Second, the Vermont chapter of the American Choral Directors
Association is having their fall gathering from 10:00 AM to 4:15 PM at
St. Michael's College in Colchester. Conductors, teachers, singers,
and students are invited; featuring special guest, Canadian composer
Donald Patriquin. There will be reading sessions and all sorts of
other opportunities for professional development. Highly recommend
this for anyone interested in teaching choral music!!! Or to anyone
that is not going to the other workshop mentioned above. The cost is
20 dollars for students, but if people are interested in going to this
and let me know in the next few days, I should have no problem
wrangling up some cash and arranging a carpool, so shoot me an email
if you are interested in going!

That's all for now; please mark your calendars and I encourage all of
you to take advantage of one of these great opportunities for
professional development.

Best,

-Kyle Washburn