]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Home

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE  November 2013

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE November 2013

FW: [radcaucus] business for the rad caucus

Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:30:36 -0600

The post below was sent two months ago to the list of the Radical Caucus
(MLA). Along with the posts quoted, it provides an excellent snap shot, it
seems  to me, of the condition of college labor today and, by extension, the
condition of higher education in the U.S. Today and also of K-12 education,
and by yet further extension, of the condition of the working classes of the
day in this Age of Austerity, Repression, & Endless Wars.

There exist radical or left caucuses in a number of academic disciplines;
should not all such caucuses begin to consider the possibility of a national
"caucus" of some sort involving all campus labor (and not just faculty); not
a union (though that is needed) but focused on creating a channel for
information exchange among activist groups on various campuses and,
eventually, shared action.

Carrol