Re: Ross's Gull info

Dave Myburgh <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:48:12 -0500

Hi Bob,

It is currently raining up here in Montreal, so bring some rain gear. The
prediction is for rain all day today, I'm afraid. Tomorrow is supposed to
be partly cloudy with a possibility of rain early in the morning only.
Temperatures are around 36F at the moment and will be around 32F tomorrow.

Jim's directions are perfect to get to the Fort and Marina, but the bird is
also being seen at the Water Purification works. To get there, follow Jim's
directions to Boulevard Frechette. Once you're past the roundabouts, look
for Boulevard Franquet on the right - its just past a left bend in the
road. Follow it to the end (its not that long) until you come to a
T-junction with Boulevard Industriel. Turn right and a short way up the
road you'll see a red brick building on your left, #2415. Directly opposite
it is a gate with two no-entry signs on either side of it. Park on the
street there, and enter at that gate. There is a mound to the left when you
go in and you can see the ponds from there. The bird is often seen in the
closest pond, but does spend some time in the further ones too.

Good luck!

Dave
Montreal

               Dave Myburgh