]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCHOOL-IT Home

SCHOOL-IT  December 2013

SCHOOL-IT December 2013

Re: PowerSchool and Vermont State Reporting

"Townsend, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:52:12 +0000

Thanks for replying, Bob.

As I was writing the grant I reached out to every SIS vendor known to operate in the state.  They all gave me estimates of what it would take to implement/activate their SIF agents as part of this project.  All quotes came in around $5k per district.  Based on these quotes, I built money into the grant that can/will be sub-granted to districts to help cover these configuration/implementation costs.  There is a total of $600k earmarked for this purpose statewide.

As soon as we have the implementation vendor contract(s) in place, the next step will be to fully define the initial data elements that will be collected in the initial grant implementation (note: we will be able to expand collection to other elements as we migrate additional data collections to the VADR system in the future).  Once we have these initial elements finalized, districts will work with their SIS vendors to determine the actual cost that it will take to implement/enable SIF (or file extracts for the few systems that are not SIF compliant/certified).  Districts may then apply for funds to help offset these costs out of the $600k sub-grant funds.  We will communicate more details about this as we move forward but I did want to remind all of you that there is money available for this work.

Thanks again,
Brian

PS: There will be more discussions/communications as the project requirements are finalized but it would likely behoove districts to try to negotiate this SIS work as district user groups (e.g. all Powerschool districts; all Infinite Campus districts; all Rediker districts; etc.) with the SIS vendors to try to achieve economies of scale rather than on a district-by-district basis.  Again... we'll discuss further in the very near future.