VTBIRD Archives

December 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2013 18:47:49 +0000
Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Terry L. Rosenmeier" <[log in to unmask]>
On Friday 12/27 we were prowling around Addison looking for owls when we saw a Rusty Blackbird.  Didn't ID it until I downloaded photos this afternoon.  We think we were still on Jersey Street when we saw it.  It appears to be a female, perhaps first-year.  My grainy photo is at

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/trosenmeier/11628869605/

Also saw a surprising Great Blue Heron flying across a snowy field, plus 5 Snowy Owls, 3 Rough-legged Hawks, Red-tailedHawks, Snow Buntings, Horned Larks, Tree Sparrows, and some less exciting birds.

Terry Rosenmeier
Karen Kluge
Hanover, NH