VTBIRD Archives

December 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Eric Hynes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 14:57:03 -0500
Hello Vermont Birders:

Ali Wagner, Ian Worley, Ron Payne, and I teamed up for some fun birding in
Addison County this morning. Somebody else might offer a more complete
report but I wanted to share a couple of highlights while there is still
some daylight.

We had a way out Long-tailed Duck from under the bridge at Chimney Point.

Remarkably, Ali spotted a possible Snowy Owl in flight from Chimney Point.
She was looking toward Bridport so we headed down to investigate.
Eagle-eyed Ali was right!

Ron and Ian found it standing in a corn stubble field on the east side of
Rt. 125. It was just south of the town line with Addison and north of Lake
Street. It wasn't close but it was spectacular.

Good birding,

Eric Hynes