VTBIRD Archives

December 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bruce MacPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 16:34:46 -0500
Just kidding. However, I did see still another Glaucous Gull standing on the shoreline while I was driving along West Shore Road this afternoon. This was a very pale (dare I say snowy), large gull with a heavy, dark-tipped, pink bill. A much smaller Ring-billed Gull foraging nearby made the size comparison easier. This bird was located just north of Sunset Drive Road if anyone cares to investigate further.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington