VTBIRD Archives

December 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Tyler Pockette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:01:21 -0500
In case anyone is interested, I have uploaded a few photos of the Northern
Hawk Owl to flickr. The link is below.

Also, when I arrived this morning to the Hawk Owl spot, a fellow
birder/photographer was already there and had spoken to the landowner of
one of the houses. Apparently this bird has been seen by them for about a
week now, so hopefully this bird will be around for a while.
Today was a wonderful day for birding. After seeing the Northern Hawk Owl,
I headed towards the Champlain Bridge in Addison, where I crossed paths
with a Snowy Owl 1/4 mile East of West Addison General Store. Probably the
same bird that Spencer reported yesterday, this was a very dark bird. I'm
very satisfied with seeing a Snowy Owl and a Northern Hawk Owl in the same
day!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/with/11408603363/

Happy Decembirding,
Tyler Pockette