Re: Library Closing - be proactive?

Christine Marton <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:07:59 -0500

I'm not sure the argument that closing the hospital library because it's
not revenue generating is an entirely valid one. The hospital's
chapel/clergy and patient advocate/ombudsman, are not revenue generating
departments, but they rarely if ever are closed. Perhaps the hospital
library (as well as the aforementioned departments) should be viewed as
cost reducing because they can lower the probability of poor patient care
or patient dissatisfaction with care, albeit in different ways.

Christine Marton, PhD