]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCHOOL-IT Home

SCHOOL-IT  April 2014

SCHOOL-IT April 2014

Re: could we join forces purchasing Chromebooks?

Bob Wickberg <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:36:38 -0400

Bjorn (and others),

I was also thinking about FMV leasing, not because I want to turn them
over that fast, but just so I would recoup what little value they have
left when I'm done with them without having to find someone to sell them
to, or figure out how to dispose of them responsibly.  It becomes the
lessor's problem.  You don't necessarily have to negotiate the lease with
the same party you purchase the devices from, though, you can go to an
outfit like HP finance and say, I have this deal on Chromebooks, can you
lease them to me?  HP was going to lease us Samsung Chromebooks last year,
supplied by GovConnection, until I figured out we had enough in the budget
to buy them out right.  So you could still get in on this discussion, even
if you suspect you don't want to own them, or we don't all want to turn
them over at the same rate.

I added Dell to the survey.

I should have asked, but didn't, how many of you will be at Lake Morey a
week from today.  We could have lunch and talk about this further.

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418