VTBIRD Archives

October 2014

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2014 15:38:27 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Maeve Kim <[log in to unmask]>
I spent quite a while at McCuen Slang today (not the fishing access, but the small parking area on the east side of the road, near Whitney Creek), much of it staring at a distant mystery duck. My notes:

a little larger than two wood ducks that drifted by it at one point
red or red-brown head that looked like a slightly flattened ball
pale bill
gray and brown top of body, orangy-tan on the sides at the water line
tail sort of pointed
a bit of white at the side just before the tail
fairly noticeable eye in a dark smudge
The closest I can come up with is a female Eurasian Wigeon.

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center