VTBIRD Archives

October 2014

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2014 22:19:21 -0400
8bit
Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Bob Budliger <[log in to unmask]>
Charlotte Bill's "confusing fall warbler" reminds me of a note in Roger
Tory Peterson's account of Pine Warbler in the 1947 edition of his
field guide. He quotes a colleague, " a museum tray of Pine Warblers
looks like a catch-all for the museum's ratty, discarded Warbler skins.
"
RTP also said in the same book, " If at the end of ten years of field
work you can say you know the fall Warblers you are doing well." He was
an optimist.

(Yeah, the book is old. I bought it from paper route money.)

Bob Budliger