VTBIRD Archives

October 2014

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2014 02:10:43 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jim Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

I was at the Goose Viewing Area on Rte. 17 and was able to pick out an adult Ross's Goose in flight. It with only 4 Snow Geese at the time making it quite easy to ID. The visibility was quite good and I saw it for about 1 minute. They were heading east and touched down joining many other Geese, in the field just east of the tree line that borders the Goose Viewing Area. I drove to Gage Rd. and could see the group but did not set up my scope because it was raining a bit and the wind was blowing toward me (north wind) from there. I saw it at 4:16 p.m.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead