Re: ID Help with Confusing Fall Warbler

Charlotte Bill <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Oct 2014 00:05:34 +0000

Hi Ken,

Thanks for following up about this! Initially, after looking at Peterson and National Geographic 5th edition, I'd had hopes for a young Bay-breasted Warbler, but then I looked at Audubon online photos and Sibley and gave up on that idea! After posting, I heard from Ian Worley, who made the same suggestion as you do (female Pine Warbler). He thought the timing was a tad early for Blackpoll Warbler, which seemed to be the only other possibility.

Hey! I see you and Julie have added Dunlin to your lists! That's great! It surely has been an exciting year for shorebirds in Franklin County!

Thanks again for writing!Charlotte