VTBIRD Archives

October 2014

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Eric Hynes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:39:37 -0400
Hello Vermont Birders:

First and foremost, I would love to see a post(s) about any efforts today
to locate the regionally rare shorebirds previously reported up at the
mouth of the Missisquoi River.

I've got several questions about birding the Dead Creek Outlet.

It seems this shorebirding hotspot can best be viewed from Shipyard Road.
My questions are:

1. Is there a canoe access point off Shipyard Road?
2. If no to question 1, where is the best place to launch a canoe to try
for the Hudwit, etc?
3. I finally have a free morning tomorrow and intend to head up there early
with my canoe and return no later than noon. A second (or third I suppose)
able-bodied birder in the canoe would be welcomed. If you are interested in
joining me (leave Burlington at 0600ish), please reply to this email
directly to me (OFF the listserv).

Thanks so much,
Eric

Eric Hynes