]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  August 2015, Week 2

MEDLIB-L August 2015, Week 2

Re: How bad is the ClinicalKey search engine?

"Nichols, William" <[log in to unmask]>

Nichols, William

Wed, 12 Aug 2015 14:17:33 +0000

While I'm not a huge fan of the CK search feature myself, it's not really us that they're aiming for.  I feel sure they did some sort of focus group in development, probably consisting largely of providers.  Like MDConsult before it, CK is aimed primarily at the physician in practice & not librarians.  UpToDate's focus is much the same -- the clinicians love it, us not so much.

I'm not defending CK's interface; there are definitely changes I'd make if I were Emperor [or "Tsar of all the Russias," for those who know me :)].  I just recognize that reality has to be bowed to on occasion, whether I particularly care for it or don't. :)

Bill

William F. Nichols, MLS | Director of Library Services |Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine |
350 Howard Street|Spartanburg, SC 29303| Office: 864-327-9852  Fax: 864 804-6986 http://www.vcom.edu
(The views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the Edward Via College of
Osteopathic Medicine, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.)