EWB Archives

October 2015

EWB@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Sean Peter Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Peter Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:17:42 -0400
Hello Everyone,

Great meeting on Wednesday, I'm glad to see we're on the track of
making some solid progress on our project in Nicaragua. The next
meeting will be next Wednesday @ 6pm in Perkins 107, there will be
pizza. Now that we got the ball rollin, I think we should have general
meetings every Wednesday, same time and place, unless otherwise noted.
I will still send out  emails for every meeting.

As we discussed on Wednesday, there are a few pressing issues that I
would like to have resolved (at least partially) by the end of our
next meeting. They are as follows:

- Both group's number one priority should be defining desired effluent
parameters for the entire system. We need water        quality
parameters acceptable for use for agricultural purposes. We may not
find these all in one place but it is ok to compile them from multiple
places, as long as we can cite our sources for each one.

-Biogarden: Dimensions and gravel diameters appropriate for the daily
grey water production (I will send out a table with these values later
today). Native plant species that we can get a hold of locally to use
in our model.

-Grease Trap: Most appropriate design and dimensions for the daily
grey water production.

It would be really great if all the groups could do some research and
possibly present some answers to these questions at the next meeting.

Thanks everyone, I'm getting pretty excited about this and I hope you
are too. Enjoy the weekend!

-Sean