EWB - Let's Dance

Sean Peter Brennan <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:58:54 -0500

Hey Gang!

Despite the fact that our hero & inspiration, David Bowie, passed away
yesterday (RIP), I hope everyone enjoyed/is enjoying their winter
break!! I hope you haven't forgotten about the rest of us & our
collective consciousness that is EWB. Times been flyin and we'll be
back in VT in no time.

As we discussed, it would be really great if we could hit the ground
running this semester and make a lot of technical progress on our
Nicaragua grey water system. I know you've all been doing extensive
research over break, but just incase it slipped your mind, I highly
suggest you read this document:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj59d-ox6XKAhXEuRoKHRXLCp4QFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sswm.info%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Freference_attachments%2FMOREL%2520and%2520DIENER%25202006%2520Greywater%2520Management.pdf&usg=AFQjCNElkxX8TRrRnpt_kOyZMauePiAkjw&sig2=Jbh3GLkHGDbeygJ68OPoWQ&bvm=bv.111396085,d.dmo

Its super informative & even if you don't read it all, you should go
through some sections to get a better understanding of our treatment
options, how they work, and their pros and cons. It might seem long
but its a pretty easy read. Plus, if you are an underclassman it will
introduce you to a lot of cool subjects that you will cover in your
coursework later on. Quick tip: printing it out will make it feel
easier to read large sections of text (my two cents).

As for the grease trap team, I talked to Brennan (the team leader) and
it seems like hes got a pretty awesome, innovative design in the
works. Cant wait to hear all about it at our next meeting! I know he
won't disappoint!

One final note, I started looking into the laptop sharing program we
learned about at the EWB conference, www.labdoo.org . The way it works
is we get old, used laptops that are no longer being used, clean them
out, and install an extensive educational program on them (provided by
Labdoo). I'm in the process of trying to establish an agreement with a
school I have connections with in Nepal so if you have an old
laptop/tablet that is no longer being used, bring it up after break
and we'll try to get it into the hands of someone less fortunate in
the great little Himalayan nation.

Hope you made it through all that! Sorry to make you read so much on
your time off! Happy New Year & I'll see ye all soon!!

-Sean