VTBIRD Archives

August 2016

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Ian A. Worley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2016 07:07:40 -0400
Ron Payne and I went a-counting shorebirds and their watery companions
in western Addison County yesterday morning.  There were no surprises.
What mostly took our fancy, though, was the abundance of Indigo Buntings.

By the time we were done we had encountered 33 preening, perching,
flying and singing Indigo Buntings from 17 different stops and
between-stop travels.

Also noted was a Louisiana Waterthrush at Bittersweet Falls in
Weybridge, and a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher at the bridge over the Lemon Fair
River, also in Weybridge.

Ian