Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  August 2016

VTBIRD August 2016

Re: Eagles at Sand Bar State Park

"Raymond M. Soff Jr." <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Aug 2016 00:01:03 +0000

Hi Becky,

Your e-mail address showed up when I tried to type another email address in the "To" section; so, I looked at your e-mails to VTBirds.  I like your description of what you see because it seems as if you have a lot of energy and life that goes into what you do in the field.  It's like a story.

I like Blue-headed Vireos partly, or mainly, because of the quality of the male's song.  That, combined with the fact that it is usually solitary when it sings, as a kind of early Spring migrant, when there is still cool air.  In New York State, it can be extremely quiet on an early May or June afternoon, and then, all of a sudden, a Blue-headed Vireo sings "out of nowhere," without being heard flying in or rustling branches.

Raymond M. Soff Jr. (Ray)

Saddle Brook, New Jersey