]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VAGUE Home

VAGUE  January 2017

VAGUE January 2017

Re: [Linux_adult_swim] Linux_adult_swim Meeting today, Monday January 30th, 5 PM at 40 Washington Street...

Paul Flint <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Area Group of Unix Enthusiasts <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:19:56 -0500

Dear Effin,

I will allow it!

Regards,

Flint

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017, chris yarger wrote:

> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 09:37:42 -0500
> From: chris yarger <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Paul Flint <[log in to unmask]>
> Cc: [log in to unmask],
>     Vermont Area Group of Unix Enthusiasts <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: [Linux_adult_swim] Linux_adult_swim Meeting today,
>     Monday January 30th, 5 PM at 40 Washington Street...
>
> ZOCKER
> Not much action on where Effin and I have been conspiring to set up a
> docker image containing zope. Turns out this has already been done by the
> European Environment Agency, but the way they put it together leaves a bit
> to be desired.  Fact is we have it working and we have a much spiffier
> name...
>
> http://docbox.flint.com:8081/zoker
>
> Is tiddly-zoker simply too silly?  Watch this site.  It is the latest
> thing... I am thinking about using zoker to be the documentation holder for
> trantor.  Hm...
>
> Flint, A tiddly-zoker is called a toker.....
>
> Warmest Regards,
>

> Christopher P. Yarger
>
> Phone: 802-505-7574
> Skype: cpyarger
>
> /************************************
> Based upon email reliability concerns,
> please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Paul Flint <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Greetings List Lurkers,
>>
>> The last day of January, a month closer to SPRING! A mild day to boot!
>>
>> Maybe time for a fresh start on writing the dreaded newsletter.
>> I need to edit, but so damn much goes on in a week...
>>
>> ANDROID CARPUTER
>> Done.
>> Rooted the KEWEIER RK3188 MTCC-KLD6-V2.97 Android Auto Radio Head
>> Saturday.  With a fair amount of help from the good folks at the XDA site
>> we got this done.  The endorphins stil washed over me.  I ship back to
>> Amazon a rooted lab queeen, enjoy my new reverse camera, and contemplate
>> where to go from here.  Put a fork in this.  It will hopefully not appear
>> again.
>>
>> VISUAL BASH
>> GUO amd he bzinga project:
>> As mentionedf last week, I dusted off the Bash-Zenity project with the
>> thought of adding this to trantor as a GUI based control framework.  So far
>> it is interesting, as GUIs now haunt my dreams looking for the best way to
>> configure things...
>>
>> http://bzinga.net/
>>
>> DTG and I had a discussion about how GUI code needs to be non-blocked.
>>
>> The approach I am thinking about for now involves putting the GUI code in
>> includes that get included only when you need them. The Visual Bash
>> framework really works. Will this work for adding a GUI with bzinga?
>>
>> Thus the line between bzinga and the Menubot function gets fuzzier all the
>> time, and after some playing around with zenity, I am more convinced that
>> the use of zenity for a gui interface, (see the Bash Zenity Integration
> [...]

Kindest Regards,

☮ Paul Flint
(802) 595-9365 Cell

Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgement in response to this note.

Paul Flint
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT
05641