ISOGEOCHEM April 2017

Re: Picarro L2120i CRDS question

Bjoern Wissel <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 15 Apr 2017 13:48:41 -0600

Dear List members,

Thank you very much for your helpful comments and suggestions. We will try to resolve the issue in house based on some of the feedback we got.
In case we run into problems / find solutions that are of general interest, I will post that information on the list server.

Happy Easter, Bjoern

--
Björn Wissel, PhD
Associate Director, Institute of Environmental Change and Society
Adjunct Professor, Department of Biology
525 Research and Innovation Centre
University of Regina
Regina, SK S4S 0A2 Canada
phone    306 585-4890
fax      306 337-2410
e-mail   [log in to unmask]

www.iecs-uregina.ca
www.uregina.ca/biology/index.php?page=faculty/Wissel2

-----Original Message-----
From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Barbara Herbstritt
Sent: April-13-17 5:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] Picarro L2120i CRDS question

Hello Bjoern and all,

we run 5 Picarro instruments (different types) and to avoid the long downtimes we also always try to go for the do-it-yourself repairs whenever possible. The Picarro support has always been very helpful with this. They told us that cavity repairs have to be done in a clean room and that's why we had such a big repair of our L2120-i as well.

Luckily, since then it's running for 1,5 years now without any problems.
It's true, life-time of these instruments is comparable to the life-time of computers (5-7 years) but they told us that their hands are tied because no guarantee is given by their suppliers for any longer availability of spare parts.

Good luck,

Barbara

***********************************

Barbara Herbstritt