Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  September 2017, Week 2

MEDLIB-L September 2017, Week 2

Re: Predatory journals in PubMed

"Erwin, Patricia J., M.L.S." <[log in to unmask]>

Erwin, Patricia J., M.L.S.

Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:30:33 +0000

No, actually.  Ovid now has MEDLINE plus a bunch of other segments  -

The Ovid MEDLINE(r) database contains records with the following possible status besides MEDLINE: Publisher, In-Data-Review, In-Process and PubMed-not-MEDLINE records from NLM.

The Publisher records have recently been added to PubMed via electronic submission from a publisher, and are soon to proceed to the next stage, In-Process. This tag is also on citations received before late 2003 if they are from journals not indexed for MEDLINE, or from a journal that was accepted for MEDLINE after the citations' publication date. These citations bibliographic data have not been reviewed.

The In-Data-Review records have been submitted to NLM electronically by the publisher, and the journal title, date of publication and volume/issue (source data) are being checked.

The In-Process records are undergoing a citation level review; i.e., the author names, article title, and pagination are being checked.

The PubMed-not-MEDLINE records have undergone quality review but are not assigned MeSH headings because the cited item is not in scope for MEDLINE either by topic or by date of publication, or is from a non-MEDLINE journal. These records are constantly changing. PubMed-not-MEDLINE records will not be added to the Medline database.

Ovid receives records from NLM on a daily basis, however we are dependent upon NLM's update schedule.
The following Ovid MEDLINE segments are available to online users. Contact your local administrator to add or remove segments.

Name

Description

Years of Coverage

MED1

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to 1979

MED2

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1980 to 1987

MED3

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1988 to 1995

MED4

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1996 to 2003

MED5

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

2004 to 2007

MED6

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

2008 to 2010

MED7

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

2011 to 2012

MED8

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

2013 to August Week 2 2017

MDFC

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1996 to Present with Weekly Update

MDXC

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1996 to Present with Daily & weekly Update

MEDB

Ovid MEDLINE(r) without Revisions

1946 to 1995

MEDC

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

All Corrections with Monthly Update

MEDF

Ovid MEDLINE(r) without Revisions

1996 to Present with Weekly Update

MEDL

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

August Week 3 2017 to Weekly Update

MEDP

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print

Updated Daily

MEDV

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Versions

All Versions with Weekly Update

MEDW

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

2013 to Weekly Update

MEDX

Ovid MEDLINE(r) without Revisions

1996 to Present with Daily Update

MESD

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Present with Daily Update

MESX

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

Updated Daily

MESZ

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Present with Weekly Update

MEZZ

Ovid MEDLINE(r) without Revisions

1946 to Present with Weekly Update

OMES

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Present with Daily Update

OMME

Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Present with Weekly Update

PMED

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Practice Database

2000

PMEZ

Ovid MEDLINE(r) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations, Ovid MEDLINE(r) Daily and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Weekly with Daily & Weekly Update

PMFC

Ovid MEDLINE(r) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1996 to Daily Update

PMOZ

Ovid MEDLINE(r), Ovid MEDLINE(r) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r) Daily

1946 to Present with Daily & Weekly Update

POMM

Ovid MEDLINE(r) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Present with Daily & Weekly Update

PPEM

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print and In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations Ovid MEDLINE(r)

Updated Daily

PPEZ

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations, Daily and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Present with Daily & Weekly Update

PPEZV

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations, Ovid MEDLINE(r) Daily, Ovid MEDLINE and Versions(r)

1946 to Present with Daily & Weekly Update

PPFC

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1996 to Daily Update

PPFF

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r) without Revisions

1996 to Present with Daily & Weekly Update

PPMC

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

2013 to Daily Update

PPMW

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r) without Revisions

2013 to Daily Update

PPMZ

Ovid MEDLINE(r) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

1946 to Present with Daily & Weekly Update

PREM

Ovid MEDLINE(r) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations

Updated Daily

PRMF

Ovid MEDLINE(r) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r) without Revisions

1996 to Present with Daily & Weekly Update

PRMZ

Ovid MEDLINE(r) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(r)

Patricia J. Erwin, M.L.S.

Associate, Dept of Education Administration | Assistant Professor of Medical Education | Lead Reference Librarian

Mayo Clinic Libraries | 12-47 Plummer Building | Rochester MN 55905 | 507-284-4952 | [log in to unmask]