Re: CHAT: clock/watch settings

Brad Dishan <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 14 Sep 2017 15:39:42 +0000

I had always just figured they set the hands to frame the brand name of the watch/clock which was usually located just under the 12:00.....

Brad
--------------------------------------
Brad Dishan  BSc, MLIS
Medical Librarian

St. Joseph's Health Care London
268 Grosvenor St. | PO Box 5777, Stn B
London, Ontario  N6A 4V2 | Canada
ph. 519.646.6100 x65727 | fx. 519.646.6228
email:  [log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of King, Fred
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CHAT: clock/watch settings

There's also an urban legend that says that President Lincoln (or possibly Kennedy) died at 10:10, and clocks are set to commemorate his death. He didn't, and they aren't. See http://www.snopes.com/business/market/clockhands.asp.

And finally, there's a New Yorker (possibly, though I couldn't find it online) cartoon (possibly by George Price) set in a clock shop with clocks on every square inch of wall space. Caption: "Say, did you know that Daylight Saving Time starts tonight?"

Fred King
Medical Librarian, MedStar Washington Hospital Center [log in to unmask]
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

What's the point of a rhetorical question?
--Jeremy Hardy