Re: REF: Grant Funding Guide

"David P. Dillard" <[log in to unmask]>

David P. Dillard

Tue, 21 Nov 2017 05:50:13 -0500

.

I do not tend to use other guides in creating my own guides.  I do
searches in places like Google Scholar, Google Books, databases with
reference tools such as Credo, and web resources like scout report.  News
reports on grant rewards can also be useful for success stories and
database searches in relevant databases you have at your school with key
terms for grant awards or research grants in a wide range of fields
provide an important section of the guide as it shows or gives ideas grant
seekers places to look for guides and those not to look. Also be careful
not to exclude databases without grant in the middle of the database name,
many databases will hide useful information on this topic.

Consider the TRIP database (evidence based medicine)

10,666 results for "grant funding" or "obtaining grants" or "getting
grants" or "grant awards" or (grants and "how to")
http://tinyurl.com/y8kv8lvg

Content Sample

1. Citation Impact of NHLBI R01 Grants Funded Through the American
Recovery and Reinvestment Act as Compared to R01 Grants Funded Through a
Standard Payline.
Circulation Research
2015
Primary Research

2. Internal Grant Review to Increase Grant Funding for Junior
Investigators.
Annals of Neurology2017
Primary Research

3. Disparities in grant funding for Chronic rhinosinusitis.
Laryngoscope2015
Primary Research

4. Implementation science in cancer prevention and control: a decade of
grant funding by the National Cancer Institute and future directions.
Implementation Science
2015
Full Text:
Link to full Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

5. peer review of grant funding – the Australian perspective
Annals of neurosciences2015 Full Text: Link to full Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

6. Predicting Productivity Returns on Investment: Thirty Years of Peer
Review, Grant Funding, and Publication of Highly Cited Papers at the
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Circulation Research
2015
Primary Research

7. An Agenda for Increasing Grant Funding of Emergency Medicine Education
Research.
Academic Emergency Medicine2012
Primary Research

8. Outcomes of Mentored, Grant-Funded Fellowship Training in
Hemostasis/Thrombosis: Findings from a Nested Case-Control Survey Study
Haemophilia
2011 Full Text: Link to full Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

9. The Impact of Research Grant Funding on Scientific Productivity
Journal of Public Economics2011 Full Text: Link to full Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

10. Early career academic productivity among emergency physicians with r01
grant funding.
Academic Emergency Medicine
2011
Primary Research

11. Grant Funds and the Medical Library
Bulletin of the Medical Library Association
1958 Full Text: Link to full
Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

12. Getting grants for research in general practice.
The Journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners1975 Full Text:
Link to full Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

13. Productivity and career paths of previous recipients of Society for
Academic Emergency Medicine research grant awards.
Academic Emergency Medicine2008
Primary Research

14. How to write research papers and grants: 2011 Asian Pacific Society
for Respirology Annual Scientific Meeting Postgraduate Session.
Respirology2012
Primary Research

15. Strategies to Prevent or Reduce Gender Bias in Peer Review of Research
Grants: A Rapid Scoping Review.
PLoS ONE2017 Full Text: Link to full Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

16. Research to reality: a process evaluation of a mini-grants program to
disseminate evidence-based nutrition programs to rural churches and
worksites.
Journal of Public Health Management and Practice2017
Key Primary Research

17. Restructuring Medicaid as Block Grants - Unconstitutional Coercion?
NEJM2015
Primary Research

18. Shifting Demographics among Research Project Grant Awardees at the
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI).
PLoS ONE2016 Full Text: Link to full Text with Trip Pro
Primary Research

19. List randomization for soliciting experience of intimate partner
violence: Application to the evaluation of Zambia's unconditional child
grant program.
Health economics2017
Primary Research

20. The Relationship Between OREF Grants and Future NIH Funding Success.
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American Volume 2017

Content Sample of a database list showing the number of sources found for
key topics in a subject field

Google Scholar
A Search of "social work" or "social administration" or "social welfare"
or "public assistance" in this database FINDS 17,600 Sources
more...

Google Books
A Search of "social work" or "social administration" or "social welfare"
or "public assistance" in this database FINDS 17,100,000 Sources
more...

ABI/INFORM Complete
This database finds 31,862 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...
Proquest Libguides ABI/INFORM
more...

Academic Search Premier
This database finds 115,593 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

How to Search Academic Search Premier
more...
Academic Search Premier (More on How to Search This Database)
more...

AgeLine
This database finds 5,444 sources for a search of "social work" or "social
administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

Agricola [via EbscoHost]
Finds 1,105 sources for a search of "social work" OR "social welfare" OR
"social administration" OR "public assistance"
more...

America: History and Life
Search of "social work" or "social administration" or "social welfare" or
"public assistance" in this database finds 11,491 sources.
more...

Anthropology Plus
more...
ProQuest Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (ASSIA)
This database finds 25140 sources for a search of "social work" or "social
administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance".
more...

ArticleFirst
This database finds 42,825 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

Biological Abstracts
A search of Biological Abstracts finds 72,533 sources for a a search of
"social work" or "social administration" or "social welfare" or "public
assistance".
more...

BIOSIS Citation Index (1994-present)
A search of BIOSIS Citation Index finds 901 sources for a search of
"social work" or "social administration" or "social welfare" or "public
assistance".
more...

Business Source Premier
This database finds 42,254 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance".
more...

CAB Abstracts
Key source for human food and nutrition
This database finds 7,468 sources for a search of "social work" or "social
administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

CardioSource FROM The American College of Cardiology
This database finds over 900 sources for a search of social work.
more...

Child Care and Early Education Research Connections
This database finds over 17,000 sources for a search of social work
more...
CIA World Factbook
more...

CINAHL (Combined Index to Nursing and Allied Health))
This database finds 27,511 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...
How to Search CINAHL
more...

Communication and Mass Media Complete
This database finds 714 sources for a search of "social work" or "social
administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

Compendex and Inspec
These databases find 5852 sources for a search of "social work" or "social
administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
These are databases in the field of engineering.
more...

CQ Researcher
"CQ Researcher is often the first source that librarians recommend when
researchers are seeking original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on
issues in the news. Founded in 1923 as Editorial Research Reports, CQ
Researcher is noted for its in-depth, unbiased coverage of health, social
trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the
environment, technology and the economy. Reports are published in print
and online 44 times a year by CQ Press, an imprint of SAGE Publications.

Each single-themed, 12,000-word report is researched and written by a
seasoned journalist. The consistent, reader-friendly organization provides
researchers with an introductory overview, which includes three pro-con
debates; a background and chronology on the topic; an assessment of the
current situation; tables and maps; a pro/con debate by representatives of
opposing positions; and bibliographies of key sources."

This database finds over 1000 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

Criminal Justice Abstracts
This database finds 22,397 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

Current Contents Connect (1998-present)
This database finds 72,581 sources for a search of "social work" or
"social administration" or "social welfare" or "public assistance"
more...

Data Citation Index FROM Web of Science
A Search of "social work" or "social administration" or "social welfare"
or "public assistance" in this database FINDS 978 Sources
more...

Data-Planet Statistical DataSets
A Search of social work in this database FINDS 250 Sources
more...

Digital Public Library of America
A search of social work in this database finds 10, 902 sources
more...

DOE Information Bridge NOW Sci-Tech Connect
A Search of "social work" or "social administration" or "social welfare"
or "public assistance" in this database FINDS 745 Sources
more...
EbscoHost Research Databases
more...

One of the major values of lists like the one above is that it can inform
researchers of places to look for information on a subject that would not
generally be thought of.

Compendex / Inspec

1345 records found in Compendex, Inspec & Knovel for 1884-2018: (("grant
funding" or "obtaining grants" or "getting grants" or "grant awards" or
(grants and "how to")) WN All fields)

Content Sample

ALISE and OCLC announce grant awards

Testing scientific research grant funding fairness

Evaluation of research proposals for grant funding using interval-valued
intuitionistic fuzzy sets

International experience in grant funding of research

Grants going for process projects

International experience in grant funding of research

These are a few ideas to consider and I hope your grant research guide is
very successful.  All have a great holiday season.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584