VTBIRD Archives

February 2018

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Michele Patenaude <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2018 03:02:58 -0500
There were several hundred American Crows on Pine Island Road in Colchester yesterday afternoon, February 27. They were scattered all over the farm fields and in the trees in the hedgerows. There was at least one Fish Crow. I heard it calling sporadically but repeatedly.

I find any large gathering of crows in the greater Burlington area will often have a Fish Crow or two.  You just have to know the call and listen.

Michele Patenaude
172 Woodbury Road
Burlington, VT 05408
802-862-4085