]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ISOGEOCHEM Home

ISOGEOCHEM  July 2018

ISOGEOCHEM July 2018

Re: Isolink HTC oven couldn't reach the desired temperature

Stefan Merseburger <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:43:23 +0200

Hello Wei,

it's probably a confusion. The transformer in the HTC does not increase
the voltage but the internal amperage. Usually if ~225V or 230V doesn't
matter. We have the predecessor of the IsoLink HTC (Flash 2000 HTC Plus,
or so) and after a few month, it was necessary to increase the current
intensity (following the described procedure in the manual: unscrew
backside and set the cable of the associated transformer one number
higher). Nevertheless, with this problem, we could reach easily above
1400°C and then the temperature was slowly fluctuating below 1450°C.
Your description sounds different to me.

In addition, you could have another software related problem (we also
suffered): The ThermoFisher Software IsoDat had a wrong max. Temperature
set somewhere deeply hidden in its settings for the HTC side. To solve
that we had to install the old "Eager Experience" software (for
operating the HTC/EA without mass spectrometer), that overrides the
faulty setting with the correct one. Our max. point was 1100°C, maybe
yours is now 1200°C? Then our "Pyrolysis Mode" got it's right maximum
temperature back.
I hope it helps.

Good luck,
Stefan