VTBIRD Archives

October 2018

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Maeve Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2018 14:41:50 -0400
For the past several days, we’ve been hearing on-and-off a high, sweet, strong “churrr” noise that wasn’t familiar to either of us. (I described it to another birder as sounding like a cross between a Red-bellied Woodpecker and a meadowlark.) Today we saw it: it’s our brand-new Carolina Wren! I’ve always found the teakettle noise easy to recognize, but this call was new!
We’re delighted to see this addition to our backyard birds.
Maeve Kim
Jericho Center