]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  October 2018, Week 3

MEDLIB-L October 2018, Week 3

Re: [BULK]Re: [BULK][EXT] PDFs submitted with articles?

Pamela Sieving <[log in to unmask]>

Pamela Sieving <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:44:55 -0400

Such researchers may be found out.  I suggest your refer them to the story
of O. Uplavici, written up here

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1659886/pdf/calwestmed00357-0034a.pdf

and elsewhere, including
https://www.weirdthingsinprague.com/curious-case-dr-dysentery/ or  in a
paper decades ago by James Sweetland.

Or not.  Perhaps the crime will be found out on its own at some point.

I published a letter challenging a paper in which the author claimed to
have the biggest case series of a condition; it was easy enough to find
published papers with larger series.  The author came back with the 'fact'
that the larger series were published in papers difficult for him to locate
in the SF Bay Area.  Oddly enough, though, he had actually cited those
papers in his.  He just had not read them.

Best wishes,

Pam