VTBIRD Archives

March 2019

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
EHK Personal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2019 21:00:49 -0500
On Saturday evening (6:30 pm), I saw 2 bard owls within 3 miles of each other in Leicester, and then on Sunday I saw 4 distinct different bard owls on Route 7 between the north end of Route 7B in Clarendon and South Wallingford (3 within 5-6 miles).  The first siting was at 11:30 AM, and then I saw the same bird and 3 others between 5 and 6 pm.

Why so many right now and in such close proximity?

I also saw a bald eagle preening itself on top of a bare tree in the swamp near the Otter Creek on Route 73, as well as 4 red tails, a coopers and a rough-legged hawk on route 30 on Saturday afternoon. What a weekend for raptors!! What a treat!

Elisabeth Kulas - Sent from my iPad