VTBIRD Archives

May 2019

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Ron Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2019 16:22:39 -0400
I heard the Least Bittern at Otter View Park in Middlebury a little before 4pm this afternoon. I was near the "council ring" of stones in the Northeast corner of the field when I heard the "chuckling" call from the other side of the trees in the marsh to the East.

A neighbor who lives near the park reported to me that she had heard it around 9am from the boardwalk too.

---
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT