Hummers at Oranges

Mus <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 May 2019 21:17:39 -0400

I have hung out two orange feeders, each holding two halves. The catbirds and the orioles are duking it out with each other on these, and the four halves are empty and dry as a bone at the end of EACH DAY!

On the subject of hummers, I have four females that sip at the same feeder at the same time, although there are two other feeders on the other side of the house. Occasionally a male shows up.

AND, the oriole is scarfing down peanut butter at my feeder, sharing it graciously with chickadees, woodpeckers, catbirds, and red squirrels. I have two of these and they are also both empty at the end of the day. Quite a diner I am running here. (PS : all feeders way out of the height-range of bears)
Janet Watton
Randolph Center