Chimney Swifts and VINS

Mus <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:44:11 -0400

I want to sing praises to the rehab folks at VINS in Quechee.  I had the unfortunate and disturbing situation of FIVE baby chimney swifts falling from what I assume was a rain-drenched-unglued nest and landing in the fireplace, somehow mysteriously through the sides of the closed damper.  After much frantic searching of the internet I deduced that these babies would be far better off in more professional care than my own and I rushed them down to the center, phoning them first.

These people are just wonderful - caring, knowledgable, thorough.  I even got a “patient number” and could call whenever I wanted to to see how my babies were faring.

So I highly recommend them if you encounter injured or otherwise compromised birds (or mammals).
Janet Watton
Randolph Center