Gos

david merker <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Aug 2019 14:22:54 +0000

I'm going with Coops, won't commit to M or F :o) but that bird is standing quite tall above the height of the lawn with its feet on the turf. Pretty heavy tarsus.
A nice SY bird with partial tail/body molt in progress. Nice contrast between Juve brown and adult grey coloration.

David Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.

www.capemayraptors.org<http://www.capemayraptors.org>
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/deletefacebook?src=hash>

#deletefacebook<https://twitter.com/hashtag/deletefacebook?src=hash>

________________________________
From: Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of VTBIRD automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: VTBIRD Digest - 12 Aug 2019 to 13 Aug 2019 (#2019-199)

Topics of the day:

  1. black crowned night herons in Burlington this evening
  2. Tri-hybrid wood warbler
  3. Fwd: eBird Report - My yard birds - 324 Morse Hill Rd. E. Dorset, Aug 12,
     2019 (3)

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:03:01 -0400
From: Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: black crowned night herons in Burlington this evening

There are a few that can often be seen in the cottonwoods in ECHO's parking
lot. Suppose the same. Sometimes down by the water near the SW corner
stormwater garden.