IT-DISCUSS March 2020

Re: VPN Issues

Greg Kuchyt <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:12:46 +0000

Network Services is aware of some config changes that may help here. They're working on putting those in place but the Cisco hardware is being problematic and they don't know what the timeframe will be yet. We'll try to keep this updated. (I'm posting after checking in with NS who are working the problem).

On 3/18/20, 10:59, "Technology Discussion at UVM on behalf of Lynda Howell" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    The screenshot in step 2 on that page is what we were getting yesterday, but not what we're seeing today.  Now we're back to username, password, second password.

    We've been entering the things in the order shown in the instructions (so, "phone" for password and netid password for second password) and do get the call from Duo.  At least some of my users still get "login failed" after receiving the
     Duo call.

    Yesterday, one of my users had this same login failed error but was able to get in by just trying it 5-6 times.  Today, I think the (different) user I'm working with is only up to 4-5 tries, so I can't be sure it won't eventually work.

    Lynda.

    From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]>
    On Behalf Of Zach Bardesco
    Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:28 AM
    To: [log in to unmask]
    Subject: Re: VPN Issues

    FWIW, https://www.uvm.edu/it/kb/article/sslvpn2 is a better link for your users, as it also has the correct sslvpn2 address in screenshots and article text.

    - Zach

    From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]>
    On Behalf Of Mickey Mossey
    Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:24 AM
    To: [log in to unmask]

    Thanks for the reminder of this documentation, Andrew.

    One thing I noticed this morning is I tried to use the “phone” option for testing so I could tell my users that’s it’s available. I did this early.. maybe 6am or so. The thing is, I got the phone call, but it was long after the VPN timed
     out. It seems like authentication timeout was very, very quick. Perhaps less than I remember?

    Mickey Mossey