]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

COMMUNET Home

COMMUNET  December 1993, Week 2

COMMUNET December 1993, Week 2

New mail handling software (Was: Re: Postings on "Pseudospoofing") (fwd)

Putnam Barber <[log in to unmask]>

Communet: Community and Civic Network Discussion List

Thu, 9 Dec 1993 05:18:12 -0800

Here's some cypherwonks traffic that should be of interest in the
COMMUNET context as well.  To summarize the point -- which may take a
minute or two to get to in the texts below -- the volume of messages that
will be generated by on-line democracy if 'everyone' is involved in
'everything' will rapidly exceed the attention readers are able to give.
That's true even for very small groups.  And paralyzing when the
possibility of international decision-making is contemplated.

So, better ways of linking mail with people are needed.  In the list
below, I tried to expand the word 'better' to give it meaning in a
variety of contexts.  I hope this preliminary taxonomy helps advance the
discussions.

Best,
Putnam Barber