MEDLIB-L February 1995, Week 1

EMBASE (D&P) vs MEDLINE - SUMMARY

Andrew Chong <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 26 Jan 1995 01:31:53 GMT

Thanks to all who responded to my question.  For those who are interested,
the summary of the replies are as follows:

On Fri, 20 Jan 1995, Andrew Chong wrote:

> Has anyone compared the two databases for a drug-related query? Medline
> clearly is more comprehensive for disease-related queries but I am
> wondering about people's experience for drug-related ones. My impression
> so far is that Embase may have an edge for drug-related queries (using
> the CD-ROMs from CDP) in terms of number of hits. Anyone care to
comment?

A few yrs ago we did a comparison between the two dbs re-drug related info
; what we find is: Embase is a lot more current than Medline and it also
has a lot more drug related info than Medline.

Ann Sung, Head of Reference     Tel.: (613) 787-6432
Health Sciences Library         Fax : (613) 787-6742
University of Ottawa
451 Smyth Rd., Ottawa           [log in to unmask]
Ontario, Canada  K1H 8M5