MEDLIB-L April 1995, Week 4

Nordic WAIS/WWW Project

Gerry McKiernan <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Apr 1995 14:51:58 CDT

**THIS POSTING HAS BEEN SENT TO RELEVANT**
   *LIBRARY LISTSERVS and NEWSGROUPS*
     PLEASE EXCUSE ITS DULPICATION

     I strongly encourage all library Netters
to visit the NORDIC WAIS/World Wide Web Project
and its summary document. The URL is:

   http://www.ub2.lu.se/W4/summary.html

     I believe that the project offers
practical solutions to the various problems
relating to organized and structured access
to _appropriate and significant_ WWW resources
that have been raised and discussed over the
past few weeks.

    I have provided the abstract and introduction
below as well as the conclusion. I believe
that many will find that the project team has
created a system that will greatly enhance
current and future access to WWW resources.

   At the end of this posting there are
other URLs that library Netters (LibNets(?))
may wish to explore!

Gerry McKiernan
Coordinator, Science and Technology Section
Reference and Instructional Services Department
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

      "There are No Answers, Only Solutions"