SKIVT-L  April 1996

SKIVT-L April 1996

Re: Late Season at K & Superstar

Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:46:57 -0500

Jerry A. wrote:

> > [snip ...]
>
> O.K.  You have piqued (sp?) my curiosity.  What kind of maintenance and/or
>       base could one expect around, lets say, May 11th of this year?  Would it
>       probably be just Superstar, or perhaps skylark and a couple of others.

This year, probably a couple of others.  In the past at the Big K, Superstar
has had as much as 35 feet of snow and as little as 20.  No barespots to
speak of and walking to and from the lift doesn't start until June.

>       Also, would one have to de-ski and re-ski at the bottom and top
>       of the quad, respectively?  Or is K-mart able to keep a slush carpet
>       available at the bottom and top?
>
>       When does K-mart stop grooming the Superstar trail?  Have they >      >       already stopped grooming it to conserve base?

This one I'm not sure of.  Two years ago on the night before the Broken Rib
Tour (actually the year it got named this) I had a nightmare that they
groomed it flat!  But as we found out, I needn't-have-worried.

I'll try to post reports of past trips for conditions and such.

Swartzie^2