Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  April 1996, Week 4

MEDLIB-L April 1996, Week 4

Re: professional image backlash

Nancy E Ward - Hawthorn Center <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:19:40 -0400

Dalia Kleinmutz made some interesting comments to my original question.
However, I hope some of the practical incidents she discribed took place
several years ago.  Telling dirty jokes to "shock" the "girls" would be
illegal now; at least where I work.  The person would be in a LOT of
trouble; its a form of sexual harassment.  Calling females "girls"
wouldn't get you in a "lot" of trouble, but you'd be told to use other
terminology.  The hospital has made it clear in diveristy training, etc.
that that is not acceptable.

Nancy E. Ward, M.S.L.S.
Hawthorn Center
18471 Haggerty Rd.
Northville, MI 48167

810-349-3000 ex. 208    [log in to unmask]         [log in to unmask]