UVMFLOWNET Archives

July 1996

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Michael A. Ricci" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 23:31:14 -0400 (EDT)

We have offered Bill space on the medical school's server. He is
developing the page.

Steve, I agree with your comments. Unfortunately, I also forgot to
distribute our Flownet brochure at recent SVS/ISCVS. Anyone heading to a
meeting that would like some brochures to put out, let me know.

Mike Ricci

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, STEVE KNIGHT 656-8869 wrote:

> Dr. Spadone,
>
> Your suggestion is timely and we here at UVM are looking into this (read,
> I am passing the buck to Dr. Ricci whose plate already runneth over). At any
> rate there has been some preliminary discussion about "hosting" a web site. My
> frustration with this forum is that after abot 1 year we have 80 subscribers
> strictly by word of mouth. I have twice been unsuccessful in getting any
> mention of Flownet in the Spectrum. If an SVT sponsored newsletter won't
> advertise/promote this free resource, I'm sceptical about it supporting a Web
> site...........(this is the electonic sound of sour grapes). All the same,
> it's encouraging to know that support of a Web site exists within this
> membership. I would be curious to know how many current subscribers have
> access to E mail only and lack Web access? Any guesses?
>
> Steve Knight
>
> List owner UVM Flownet and
> VP in charge of bits and bytes
> Fletcher Allen Health Care
> (in alliance with the University of Vermont)

Michael A. Ricci, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery Phone: (802) 656-4548
University of Vermont College of Medicine FAX: (802) 893-0305