COMMUNET September 1996, Week 2

Re: Purpose of this list

Raleigh Myers <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Sep 1996 20:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

This list
	This list has come of age in the last few weeks with the 'purpose of this
list' thread. The pieces of a viable planetary management scenario have been
touched upon.
	Just a point in passing from a slightly different point of view. In show
business we are used to critics (nay sayers and the messenger manglers). We
discount this ploy as an attempt in many cases to censor material that might
somehow inhibit those to whom they have sold out.  We also look upon
research from the think tank approach that was used to put a man on the
moon.  In the words of one of the scientists involved with the actual rocket
and one of our founding members "Many solutions are arrived at through the
think tank process of studying problems based upon no prejudices and
undisciplined conversations and asking for continuous ideas from all who
participate, none is to be objected, none is to be omitted, all is to be
assimilated, all is to be studied carefully. Then in subsequent think tank
meetings, ideas are formulated, products are conceived and production plans
are made.   In other words these lunatics(moon struck fanatics) started out
in a free for all(sound familiar?) and ended up designing and testing the
Hydrogen economy under the guise of putting a man on the Moon, while you
watched on TV)

Economics of exorcism
	To really attack the problems we must think globally and act locally ie.
what ought and what can be. The economics of exorcism are right on. We are
being strangled by a bunch of dysfunctionals with compulsive disorder.
Frankencorp a synthetic citizen with a diseased mind, your limited liability
corporate citizen in the pursuit of happiness is something right out of a
monster movie.  The diseased mind is the stockholders(organized usury)
hiding behind  limited liability who can hire the most ruthless management
(democratically of course) to capture their booty ie. later day pirates.
	A working replacement model is Mondragon from Basque Spain and is similar
to what was described in the exorcism piece. Their theory is that a
corporation or company (very few with limited liability) is worker owned
with no more than twenty five people involved. When they need to expand
they sequel into another corporation. This leaves many benign
non-threatening units which also levels the playing field enabling more
entrepreneurs to evolve. Of course the intellectual property  rip-off
(patents)as well as commodities exchanges, cartels, holding companies etc.
will need to be addressed.  Many small companies involved in component
manufacture can replace the large conglomerate corporations through natural
selection or evolution ie. economic Darwinism in reverse.
direct democracy
	Direct democracy was mentioned and of course it was immediately discounted
by critics :). What we have is representative oligarchy not even democracy.
The Swiss on the other hand have practiced direct democracy for centuries
and today there is much research being done with the mechanics of electronic
vote. Democratech(1) is a stand alone electronic direct democracy model. A
few whistles and bells like eVote(2) and Vote by phone(3) in tandem with the
computer and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
	The main reason we are in the Hegemony of Parasitism (representative
oligarchy) mode of government is again frankencorp.  The  stockholders
through the corporate structure literally picks the candidates(stooges of
organized usury(4)) and we are simply cutting our own throats when we vote
for them. And as was pointed out we are tithing to organized usury(those
stockholders-bondholders) through the national debt which they own along
with all sorts of wealth fare bonuses to reward compulsive disorder.

Solution

	Today people are literally working as wage slaves for food and shelter. The
real solution is to arrange for the majority of the planet's population to
be reacquainted with some degree of self-sufficiency.  We did a thing on TV
called the Waltons that shows how that might work.(5)
	The next step is to regroup into support groups of a hundred families or
so.  In other words a hundred self sufficient Walton families forming a self
sufficient village and ten million self sufficient support groups, parishes,
villages, voting cells or wards, etc. will form a planetary management
system.  The whole system is politician free and out of  the grasp of
organized usury. Of course the village concept existed in the native
American nations and still  exists to some extent  in the two thirds
undeveloped world and can start in developed areas with families creating
virtual villages ie. Intranets.  These support groups enable barter groups
to evolve etc. component manufacture(6), and whole host of innovations which
takes life support out of the pyramid scheme posing as the economy.(7)
	The need for step by step has also been hit upon in the recent writings on
this list. One step that needs solving: How do we rid ourselves of the
hormone driven cancer that is devouring any potential for change? Well the
first part of the hormone management strategy is the redistribution of TIME.
Your TIME contributing to the wealth or the hormone that is killing us right
now is the windfall profits from fossil fuel energy which is fueling
CREEPing fascism. The manipulated cost of energy has inflated the cost of
everything in the life support exercise and countries have had to borrow
back  the energy windfall profits to survive ie. SAPing a world in debt.
Even in prosperous times people are up to their body parts in credit card
debt etc.
	This of course is nothing new, it was railroads then steel etc now we are
going into the sale of information age etc. but it was always organized
usury at the helm profiting from this sale of deck chairs on the titanic ie.
perpetuating the codependency dysfunctional supply side type of captive
consumerism nonsense.
	The redistribution of Time is self sufficiency and the transition to self
sufficiency can be achieved by a global t retrofit called  the Solar
Hydrogen Economy.(8)  The treadmill time saved by not rebuilding the amenity
infrastructures(utilities) and not  purchasing  fossil fuel, is the door to
the other side, the nut to fund self-sufficiency.  This is the hormone
management strategy that we can achieve rather simply with the impact of a
telegram.
	The telegram being the Internet. Besides the Hydrogen economy the community
network is an integral  part of the greater puzzle. The ten million villages
should be assembled as virtual communities as quickly as possible. That way
we can generate the voting clout to orchestrate change in our favor rather
than organized usury's  frankenmedia spreading compulsive disorder ie. a
mentally transmitted disease called ATV positive syndrome.(9)  The lowest
common denominator in accomplishing this paradigm shift is to finish the
linking together of the collective consciousness or the synaptual switching
on of the global brain by wireless interface. In other words ten million
wireless  community Intranets, voting cells, villages, support groups,
parishes etc. tied together as a greater wireless Internet for the purpose
of the empowerment of our progeny rather than the greening of organized
usury.(10) Wireless phone and Internet
	All this needs no politicians or third party funding,  the redistribution
of time will serve as the funding.. All we need to do is to organize the
step by step and get the message out. There are thousands of groups(NGOs,
Universities, individuals, Cyber-soc, AE, AV, Hydrogen, Communet and
hundreds of other lists etc.) already  sorting out the various components to
this synergy.
	It just may be up to this group to take it to the next step. First we need
to come up to steam on some of the fine points so we have woven  a web site
(11)which gives the skinny and what we as well as others have done so far as
well as give a fix on what is possible ie. tweaking the edge of the envelope .
	In MIND philosophy we are all a missing part to the greater puzzle and the
key to the mystery of the ages. In other words we are all children of the
universe and we all have a right to be here. As artists, scientists,
scholars we are involved with shaping the envelope, that greater puzzle, the
future that our progeny(the unborn) will inherit. Is it worth selling out to
organized usury for short term gain or should job one be the empowerment of
our progeny.
	Ralph Nader's vice presidential candidate Winona LaDuke summed it up with
her platform and introduction. (7)
<snip>	 " As Mr. Nader has previously stated, we intend to stand with others
around this country as the catalyst for the creation of a new model of electoral
politics; not to run any campaign. This will be a campaign for democracy
waged by private citizens who choose to become public citizens.
	I am not inclined toward electoral politics. Yet I am impacted by public
policy. I am interested in re-framing the debate on the issues of this society
- the distribution of power and wealth, the abuse of power and the rights of
the natural world, the environment and the need to consider an amendment to
the U.S. Constitution in which all decisions made today will be considered in
light of their impact on the seventh generation from now. That is, I believe,
what sustainability is all about. These are vital subjects which are all too
often neglected by the rhetoric of "major party" candidates and the media."
End <snip>

	   An extension to the seventh generation planet of the unborn scenario is
the full emancipation, full empowerment bill of rights for the planet and
all upon it ie. the TEN INCIDENT PREMISE.(12)  In other words if you take it
to the wall with a think tank approach to kickstarting  a dead planet, how
would you structure it?  Bit of a stretch?  Well the pre-naissance of any
renaissance may leave a few stretch marks, but as in real life, they are a
badge of courage :).

(1) Democratech    http://www.internetpagework.com/rpInternet1.html#
(2) eVote    http://freenet.msp.mn.us/govt/e-democracy
(3) Vote by phone  http://www.vote.org/v