In case you missed it, WILDLIFE ECOLOGY Digest is available ~free~ for
subscription. This is a weekly e-mail digest for research, conversation, job
opportunities, issues, thoughts, and general postings concerning wildlife
We now have 6,600 members on the list (Including wildlife professionals,
professors, students, agencies, and organizations from all over the world)
after it's seventh month of publication, and the information on the digest
has been very informative and helpful to all parties involved.
To receive this free, e-mail digest, please send e-mail to:
[log in to unmask] with the subject: "Subscribe to WED," followed by
your correct e-mail address. Your first issue will arrive soon after that!
Please check out our website at >http://home.aol.com/wedigest< for more
information on this service (plus over 200 links to other wildlife/ecological
Here is a sample list of topics from a recent issue (#36) of WED:
Topics in this issue:
1. Western States Deer & Elk Workshop
2. Desperately seeking Lagopus samples
3. Bats and Flying Foxes
4. Color-ringed Whooper and Bewick's Swans
5. Egg Shell Thickening
6. European Bird Observatories on the web
7. Hybrid Goose?
8. Crow Problems
9. Ethology List Invitation
10. Hepatic Steatosis In Force Fed Waterfowl
11. Mistnets as food reserve for hungry cats
12. Position Announcement (Natural Resources Specialist)
13. Kelp Gull photos
14. Teaming with Wildlife/More Addresses
16. Tanzanian Waterbird Count 1998: Birdwatchers needed!
17. Raptor Society of Metro. Washington: January mtg.
18. Position Announcement (Assistant Professor: Organismal
19. Fifth Symposium on Biogeochemistry of Wetlands
20. Ivory Trade in Japan
21. New Mailing List Concerning Animal Vocalization
22. Western Samoa/Nuie/Tonga Scientists!
23. Scholarships For Ecological Studies
24. RFI: NA River Otter Capture
25. Colobus monkey road-kills and colo-bridges
26. New Threatened Species Fact Sheets
27. Re: Bear Bile
28. RFI: Phragmitis spp.
29. Re: Livestock Damage
30. Peabody Orlando Hotel Makes Way For Duck Stamps
31. RFI: William Beecher
32. Re: Kestrel Behavior
33. Federal and International Permits Workshop
34. Management Training Workshop for Collections Care
35. New Student Animal Activism Listserver
36. Reptiles And Amphibians Of North America North Of Mexico
37. Tape-Luring Terns
38. Fire Destroys Sea Turtle Nests
39. Alligators Eat Surplus Poultry
40. Feral Dogs
41. Monitoring and Research in Biodiversity
42. Colour-Ring Birding
43. Ecological Stations
44. Blue Grouse Tracks in Kern County, California
45. Effects of Feeding Wildlife
46. Service Lists SW Wetland Species/No Critical Habitat Designated
47. Netting Passerines At Night
48. Molluscide Research
49. Speed Of Extinction
50. Wildlife Books For Sale
51. Jaguars And Panthers
52. Reintroducing the Grizzly to California
Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from you!
([log in to unmask])
Note: If you have previously attempted to subscribe to WED and received no
issues, please be sure to include your correct and full e-mail address (as it
works for other senders to you) when you subscribe again! I want everyone
who wants to join to be able to access the list!
P.S. My apologies in advance for any cross-posting and/or duplications.