LISTSERV Archives

FSCP-SIG Home

FSCP-SIG  June 1997

FSCP-SIG June 1997

Introduction: Nancy Feyl Chavkin

Nancy Chavkin <[log in to unmask]>

AERA Families as Educators SIG <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:35:06 +0600

Hello, I'll continue the introductions on the list.  I'm Nancy
Chavkin, the secretary-treasurer of the Families as Educators SIG.
If you have a question about your membership contact me at:  Dept. of
Social Work, Southwest Texas State University, 601 University Drive,
San Marcos, TX 78666  phone 512-245-2593  fax 512-245-8097 or e-mail,
Remember to renew your membership early.  AERA allocates sessions
based on our paid members on June 27.  Call or e-mail me today if you
are just now putting that renewal in the mail.

My research interests are in the area of family involvement in
education, school-community partnerships, school social work, and
child welfare.  I am currently the co-director of a Title IV-E
contract to prepare more students to work with family support
programs and child protection programs.  Previously I have edited a
collection of essays called Families and Schools in a Pluralistic
Society, worked with David Williams of the Southwest Educational
Development Lab on preservice teaching training and parent
involvement research, co-directed two U.S. Dept. of Education grants
on school-community partnership programs.   This fall I will be on
sabbatical looking at best practices in evaluating family involvement
and partnership programs.

I would like to hear from my FAE colleagues.

Nancy