FWD:Larouche comments on stock collapse

Curt Priest <[log in to unmask]>

Community and Civic Network discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:19:39 EST

From: [log in to unmask] (Henry Garman)
To: DEBT Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FWD:Larouche comments on stock collapse
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:42:13 -0600

This is an excerpt from Lyndon Larouche's weekly email bulletin, "EIR
Talks".
See end for source information.

>TO SAVE THIS SYSTEM, IS NOT WORTH PUTTING ONE SINGLE
>         HUMAN LIFE, ANYWHERE ON THIS PLANET, TO RISK.
>
>        ``{EIR} Talks'' interviews Lyndon LaRouche.
>        October 21, 1997 Interviewer: Mel Klenetsky
>        [Note that { indicates begin emphasis, and } indicates end
>emphasis]
>

>Welcome to EIR Talks. I'm Mel Klenetsky. We're on the line with
>Lyndon LaRouche from Virginia. How are you, today, Mr. LaRouche?
>
>        LYNDON LAROUCHE: Well, fairly frisky, with the summit
>coming up between the Presidents of the United States and China,
>a matter I'm sure we'll get to today.
>
>        MEL KLENETSKY: Yes, we definitely will get to that a little
>later on. I'd like to begin with asking you about the 10th
>anniversary of the October 1987 financial collpse. Of course, you
>made one of your major predictions prior to that, and you did
>call that one. What do you think of it at this point?
>        LYNDON LAROUCHE: Well, it happened. ``Black Monday''
>happened. It happened in Asia. Now, there was, of course, a great
>deal of effort, including the usual thing of spending money to
>try to bail out markets on Monday and Tuesday of this week, in
>the United States, Europe, and in Britain -- which I don't really
>consider part of Europe [chuckle]. But, the bailout didn't
>work -- it kept the figures high, but it didn't work -- because, as
>is noted generally, the effect of globalization, particularly
>since the so called ``Great Event'' in London some years ago, in
>the 1980s, is that markets have become globalized. And, so, that
>what happens in one market will have effects on two or three
>different other markets. The markets are so interlinked that, if
>Japan and other Asian countries collapse, then it is inevitable
>that Europe and the United States' financial system will
>collapse. There is no longer, because of globalization, any
>ability of any section of the world, to insulate itself, even in
>the relatively short term, from crises that occur in other major
>markets in the world. So, what happens to Japan and South Asia,
>together, is what is happening to us. So, the fact that the pages
>of the various newspapers were euphoric, that there wasn't -- an
>apparent -- Black Friday on Wall Street this Monday, or Tuesday,
>does not mean that everything is well. Black Monday happened. It
>happened on schedule -- not because it was the 10th anniversary,
>because it was an event which was going to happen anyway. And
>it's not over, in any case. This is {not like} '87. The 1987
>collapse was essentially a collapse of the junk bond period of
>U.S. and other speculation.
>        What is in process now, is an ongoing collapse, of various
>kinds of things, but a collapse which is {driven} by the
>impending collapse of a hundred-trillion-dollar-equivalent world
>derivatives bubble, which represents {entirely} current
>obligations -- the same year -- an amount which exceeds the total
>value of the product, the annual product, of all world nations
> [...]

LaRouche publications now has a web site:  http://www.larouchepub.com .
For further information send Email to [log in to unmask]

EIR Talks can be heard at 4:00 PM Saturdays Eastern Daylight time on the
following satellite: Galaxy 7 (G-7), Transponder 14, 91 Degrees West,
7.56 Audio.

     ``EIR Talks'' also airs worldwide on shortwave radio on
Sundays starting at 5:00 PM  Eastern Daylight Time (2100 UTC) on WWCR,
on frequency of 5.070 MHz.

     The full-hour program includes commercials for The New
Federalist, Executive Intelligence Review, and other periodicals
and books. Radio stations which pull the program down from
satellite have the option of using the included commercials and
other material that rounds out the hour or substituting their
own.
For further information, contact Frank Bell at 703-777-9451.

The LaRouche files are now available by automatic list service.  To
get  an index of the files, you must subscribe to the LaRouche
mailing list.  To do this, send a message to [log in to unmask]
with a line (not the subject line)  saying
subscribe lar-lst

After that, to get an index, say
index lar-lst
--